Thursday 19 May 2011

Touchpad problem in Ubuntu 11.04


I upgraded HP Mini 110 netbook last week from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04. Though it some really cool features, it created some serious trouble (atleast for me) with touchpad. Edge scrolling and middle button emulation stopped working. It was very annoying as I'm too much used to these features.

I found many patches for this problem but I'm reluctant to applying patches from untrusted sources. After some more research I found a simple solution for these problems:

1. Install gpointing-device-settings
sudo apt-get install gpointing-device-settings

2. Open System -> Preferences -> Pointing Devices, and enable Edge Scrolling and Middle Button Emulation.

3. Restart.

After restart a new tab "Touchpad" was added in System -> Preferences -> Mouse that provides various options for customzing touchpad features. More advanced features are available in System -> Preferences -> Pointing Devices.

Now I can edge scroll vertically/horizontally, scroll using two fingure drag and right click by tapping with two fingures. There is much more to TRY OUT!!!

REFERENCE
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10751052&postcount=209

No comments:

Post a Comment